Migrant Clinicians Network, Inc. (MCN) will work during the next two years to engage members of our clinical network and all relevant stakeholders to advance health justice for the mobile poor. Our advocacy and education priorities focus on safe and legal entry into the United States, as well as strong and equal protection for workers in all occupations. Advancement in these areas creates the greatest opportunity for all to access high-quality, affordable healthcare.
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Access to Health Care
The resources listed below are available from the National Immigration Law Center’s website, www.nilc.org. Each of them is subject to being updated or otherwise revised as new developments warrant. The documents available from the links provided here may be downloaded by individual readers and either printed out or viewed electronically, but electronic copies of the documents MAY NOT BE UPLOADED TO ANY WEBSITE other than NILC’s.
- Overview of Immigrant Eligibility for Federal Programs (see page 4 for a list of “qualified” immigrants) – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=108
- Maps: Health Coverage for Immigrant Children and Health Coverage for Pregnant Women – www.nilc.org/healthcoveragemaps.html
- Medical Assistance Programs for Immigrants in Various States – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=159
- Sponsored Immigrants & Benefits – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=166
- “Lawfully Present” Individuals Eligible under the Affordable Care Act – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=809
- Frequently Asked Questions: Exclusion of Youth Granted “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” from Affordable Health Care –www.nilc.org/document.html?id=802
- A Quick Guide to Immigrant Eligibility for ACA and Key Federal Means-tested Programs – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=844
- Typical Documents Used by Lawfully Present Immigrants – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=35
- Federal Guidance on Public Charge: When Is it Safe to Use Public Benefits? – www.nilc.org/document.html?id=164
These resources from the Health Insurance Marketplace can be used to help direct clients to information about the Affordable Care Act.